Baby found dead in house as man, 33, arrested over ‘unexplained’ death

A 33-year-old man has been arrested following the tragic death of a baby in a house in Leicestershire.

Officers from Leicestershire Police attended an address in the village of Glenfield shortly after 8am this morning – Thursday, April 8.

They had been alerted by paramedics from East Midlands Ambulance Service following the “unexplained” death of the small child.

A statement from Leicestershire Police reads: "Shortly before 8am today (Thursday, 8 April) officers were called to an address in Glen Park Avenue, Glenfield, by the East Midlands Ambulance Service reporting the death of an infant at the property."

Leicestershire Police have confirmed that, following initial inquiries, a 33-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

"The cause of the infant’s death is currently being treated as unexplained," the statement continues.

"Our investigation is very much in its early stages and inquiries remain ongoing to establish the full circumstances."

Detective Inspector Henry Henderson added: “This is an extremely sad incident involving the death of an infant at a property.

“Our officers remain in the area carrying out full inquiries to establish the full circumstances of this incident."

The force statement added: "As part of our initial inquiries, a man has been arrested in connection with the incident and currently remains in police custody.

“Our investigation remains at a very early stage at this time.”

A Leicestershire Police spokesperson confirmed to the Daily Star that the man remains in custody this evening.

Source: Read Full Article