Baby of newlyweds who were left murdered in the woods is found after 40 years

The missing baby of a newlywed couple who were murdered and left in woods over 40 years ago has been found alive.

Harold Dean Clouse and Tina Gail Clouse, who were brutally killed aged 21 and 17, were moving from Florida to Texas in 1980 when they went missing.

Their bodies were found in woods in Houston on January 12, 1981, with Harold reported to have been beaten, bound and gagged and Tina was strangled.

However, their baby daughter Holly Marie Clouse wasn't found.

Despite the case going cold, detectives still believed the child could be alive. Astonishingly, she has now been tracked down to Oklahoma after four decades.

Family history detectives found the now mum-of-five, with police turning up to her place of work on Tuesday (June 7).

The day police found her would have been her father's 63rd birthday.

According to the Texas Attorney General's Office, Holly spoke with her biological family and now hopes to meet them in-person.

It remains unclear what happened to baby Holly during and after her parents' murder, although a police press conference is scheduled for later today.

The identities of the murdered couple had actually remained unknown until last year when DNA linked them to family members in Kentucky.

  • Prince William dubbed 'man of the people' by royal fans after selling Big Issue

Volusia County Sheriff's Office detective Steve Wheeler told KHOU: "It's one of the most meaningful things I've ever been a part of. It's a once in a lifetime thing to play even a small part in reuniting a family after 40 years."

Donna Casasanta, Holly's grandmother, said: "Finding Holly is a birthday present from heaven since we found her on Junior's birthday. I prayed for more than 40 years for answers and the Lord has revealed some of it… we have found Holly.

"Thank you to all of the investigators for working so hard to find Holly. I prayed for them day after day and that they would find Holly and she would be alright."

  • Brave Brits sentenced to death for fighting with Ukraine against Putin's Russia

It is not yet clear exactly how Holly was tracked down, or whether she was aware of who her parents were.

The search, dubbed the Hope for Holly project, began after her parents' identities were confirmed last year. It has involved law enforcement officials in Texas, Florida and Arizona.

Holly’s aunt Cheryl Clouse said: "It was so exciting to see Holly. I was so happy to meet her for the first time. It is such a blessing to be reassured that she is alright and has had a good life. The whole family slept well last night."

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Harold and Tina disappeared the year after they were married.

Their car was found and relatives were led to believe the pair had joined a religious cult.

However, their bodies were found by dogs in the woods.

No arrests were made and the murder investigation is still ongoing.

Source: Read Full Article