A butcher stands on trial accused of killing women, cutting them up, and eating parts of their bodies.
Almost 4,000 bone fragments have been discovered underneath a butcher's home with prosecutors claiming victims could have been 'hacked to pieces'.
The shocking number of bones were found in Mexico as police search for almost 20 suspected victims.
The 3,717 bones unearthed beneath Andrés' concrete floors suggest they may have been cut up after they had died, prosecutors say.
The former butcher, 72, is alleged to have killed many women and peeled the skin off the face of one suspected victim because he thought she was "very pretty".
Andrés made the claim during a four-hour hearing where he was officially charged with killing the wife of a police officer.
Investigators digging under his house said they found more than 3,700 bone fragments so far and believe they belong to 17 different victims.
State of Mexico prosecutors suggested the gruesome find may not end there and plan to dig up underneath other rooms.
During excavations carried out since May 17, authorities have unearthed floors of the house where Andrés lived.
They plan to extend their search to the soil beneath several other rooms in the property he rented out.
Dad 'killed daughters, 1 and 6, then dumped them in ocean' to cause mum 'inhumane pain'
It's believed the killings may go back several years after ID cards and possessions from people who disappeared have been found in the home.
His recent alleged victim was the wife of a police commander who he knew personally and led to his arrest.
Andrés was said to have accompanied her on a shopping trip on the say she went missing.
Bloke refused to wear face mask in shop after claiming it 'shrunk his manhood'
Her husband suspected him when she failed to come back home.
The commander gained access to surveillance cameras which showed his wife had entered the street where the suspect lived but did not leave.
During a search of the house, the missing woman's cop husband reportedly found her body on a table, cut up into pieces, along with the remains of nine other women.
Vile moment pair 'destroy football club's defibrillator' hours after Eriksen collapsed
Andrés reportedly already confessed to five other murders and was taken into custody after Reyna, González, 24, disappeared in Atizapán de Zaragoza.
The 72-year-old allegedly carried out the sick acts of cannibalism by eating parts of the body.
During his first court appearance last month, he said "all I want to do is tell the truth" and claimed he met several women and killed them.
"I removed the skin from her face because she was very pretty," he said before adding "what has been done is done. The husband is there, he saw everything."
Throughout police questioning, he also reportedly admitted to slaughtering multiple women over the past two decades.
Some fear he may have killed up to 30.
Forensic investigators are analysing the bone fragments that have been discovered so far.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Andrés will stand trial over the killing of his last victim, a 34-year-old woman who he allegedly dismembered with a butcher's hacksaw and knives on May 14.
His full name has not yet been released by authorities as Mexican laws protect a suspect's identity.
Prosecutor Dilcya Garcia said in May: "We found a basement made by the suspect which had a terrible scene with human remains."
Source: Read Full Article