Manitoba has two new presumptive positive cases of COVID-19.
The new cases announced late in the afternoon Wednesday brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and presumptive positive cases of novel coronavirus in Manitoba to 17.
Health officials say the new cases include a woman in her 50s and a man in his 70s. Both live in Winnipeg.
Public health investigations have begun and at this time, and it appears that both cases are travel related, the province said.
Manitoba announced its first case of COVID-19 last Thursday.
All of the previously announced cases have been from Winnipeg except for a man and woman from the the Southern Health Santé-Sud Health region, and a man from the Interlake region.
So far only one of Manitoba’s cases hasn’t been directly linked to travel.
At a press conference earlier in the day Dr. Brent Roussin, the province’s chief public health officer, said further information about travel is pending for that remaining case.
More than 2,100 people have been screened for COVID-19 across Manitoba over the last six days, Roussin said.
The province said a new community testing site — the ninth in the province and the first drive-thru site — opened Wednesday afternoon in Selkirk.
The Selkirk site will see referred patients screened by health-care workers. If necessary, they will be registered, tested and given advice on what to do while awaiting results without leaving their vehicle.
Source: Read Full Article