Distraught dog owner warns of pet treats laced with rat poison as pooch dies

A distraught dog owner has shared heartbreaking images of her pet's final days after he ingested rat poison hidden in animal treats.

Abi O’Brien's pet dog Bewley can be seen hooked up to tubes at his local vet after he swallowed treats laced with poison.

The poor pooch looks drowsy and limp, struggling to eat his food as he tries to battle the poison in his system.

She also shared a video of Bewley with tissue and bandages around his neck and stomach with Abi heard saying "oh my baby" in despair.

Sadly, Abi was forced to make the decision to put Bewley down on August 31 and she took to Facebook to share her gut-wrenching experience with other pet owners.

Abi wrote: "As some of you may already know we devastatingly lost our gorgeous baby boy due to rat poison after a four week battle for his life.

"A friend walking their dog yesterday found dog treats with rat poison on the downs link near the wooden bridge between Bramley and Cranleigh in Surrey on the track and around that area."

She added: "And then as you walked towards Cranleigh one or two were found and then into the woods and along the canal a couple more were found.

"There are also reports of meatballs being done around Horsham area although I personally have no evidence of this."

Heartbroken Abi warned owners to be careful and continue to speak up if they see anything similar.

She and her husband don't want anyone to go through the same pain.

  • Rescue crew find adorable pup trapped under wreckage left by deadly wildfire

Abi said: "Please be vigilant and please report anything suspicious the more reports people make the better.

"No dog owner deserves to go what we have gone through and no dog deserves to lose their life so horrendously."

In response, a fellow pet owner, Michelle O'Shea Carrick, said: "Oh my God, so sorry about your beautiful dog.

"Cruel evil b**s out there. Hope the police are on it."

Source: Read Full Article