Prince Harry is desperate to not become the "irrelevant" and the "new Andrew", a friend has claimed.
The Duke of Sussex, before departing the Firm last year, was worried about losing his relevancy like his uncle, a pal told The Times.
The anonymous friend said: "Harry has always been in such a rush to make an ‘impact’, because he thinks he has a limited shelf-life before the public want to hear more from George and his siblings and he worries that after that, he’ll turn into his uncle.”
Five years ago Harry told The Times that he wanted to use his royal status and "privileged position" for "good stuff" for "as long as I can, or until I become boring, or until [Prince] George ends up becoming more interesting".
He added: "There’s nothing worse than going through a period in your life where you’re making a massive difference and then suddenly… you drop off. You want to make a difference but no one’s listening to you."
Prince Andrew has been mostly absent from royal duties since his notorious Newsnight interview about his relationship with child abuser Jeffery Epstein.
Harry is now poised to publish a 'tell-all' memoir which promises to examine the "highs and lows" of the ex-royal's turbulent life.
Never want to miss a story like this? You can get all of Daily Star's articles sent directly to your inbox! Sign up in seconds here!
The Duke of Sussex could have bagged up to £29million after signing a four-book publishing deal with Penguin Random House.
The debut book is due to be released during the Queen's Platinum Jubilee next year.
Harry has stated that the proceeds of the book will be donated to charity.
There is reportedly “anger and disappointment” within the palace due to the clashing of the book with the Queen's Jubilee celebrations, a source told MailOnline.
‘Incredibly tired’ Queen to rest at Balmoral amid Harry's shock book news
They said that Palace officials had made the decision not to respond publicly to the announcement in fear it would "fan the flames" of the already strained relationship.
The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, is also due to write a "wellness" guide as part of the multi-million pound contract with the publisher.
Prince Harry’s last few belongings were recently taken from Frogmore Cottage and placed in storage, which sparked claims he has quit the UK "for good".
Royal Family 'could be making a point' by missing Lilibet from line of succession
Windsor Castle staff stripped Harry and wife Meghan Markle's living quarters and bedroom after he flew back to California following the unveiling of Princess Di’s statue with his brother Prince William on July 1
Royal sources say it is “impossible to conceive” the couple will return for next year’s Queen’s Platinum Jubilee after Harry agreed to the controversial tell-all memoir, the Sun reports.
Daily Star have contacted Buckingham Palace and the Sussexes for comment.
Source: Read Full Article