Heartbreak as horse killed after ‘petrol used to set stable alight’

A woman is demanding justice after her beloved horse was killed in a suspected arson attack.

Amy Allen, 23, from Grimsby, is still hunting for those responsible for the death of her "best friend" Lucifer after his stable was reportedly doused in petrol and set alight.

It is believed the treasured thoroughbred's enclosure in Caistor, Lincolnshire, was doused in petrol with the poor animal inside before it was lit.

On the night of April 11, Amy said she had put Lucifer in his stable and gone home for the night but was woken up by a friend, who told her the heartbreaking news.

"At first I just couldn't register what she was saying all I knew is it hurt so much, she told LincolnshireLive.

"My best friend had gone and it still feels like a black hole in my chest."

The 23-year-old says she was told by police to stay away from the scene as officers carried out an inspection along with the stable owner.

A few hours later, Miss Allen was given another phone call permitting her to go and see Lucifer – but she declined, knowing what would await her if she did.

  • Huge Great Dane close to death saved as pet owner's pals foot bill for vet

She said: "I got another call to say that if I wanted to I could go and visit him but with everyone's advice I decided not to go.

"I was told he was in a really bad way and that I shouldn't have to see him in that way.

"Later I found out that his mane, tail etc were completely burned off and I didn't want to remember him like that."

  • Tragic story of chimp they tried to 'turn into a human' by teaching him to smoke and drive

Miss Allen says she was left heartbroken by the loss of the animal, who was due to turn eight this year.

She said: "I had him just over a year. A couple of months after he arrived we found out he had kissing spine and was in a lot of pain, so I got him the help for that and then for his hocks.

"We had a whole year out of ridden work to try and get him happy and he was definitely that."

Almost two months on from the tragedy, the devastated animal lover is still waiting for those responsible to be found.

She added: "He's a thoroughbred, he had a big fun and silly side to him, he never failed to put a smile on anyone's faces.

"He got me through so many dark days by just simply being him."

Lincolnshire Police say the investigation is ongoing.

A force spokeswoman said: "We are continuing with our enquiries at this stage and would continue to appeal for any witnesses or anyone with information to come forward."

Source: Read Full Article