A house of horrors where half-siblings murdered two of their sons will be demolished in a bid to stop it scaring local children.
Incestuous Sarah Barrass and Brandon Machin strangled Tristan, 13, and Blake Barrass, 14, at their Sheffield home.
The sick pair planned to kill four of their other children and had given them tablets against their will and tried to drown one in a bath.
Barrass and Machin have been jailed for life after then placing bin bags over the boys' heads on May 24 last year, YorkshireLive reports.
Local mum Caitlin Pearson called for the boarded up two-bed semi to be demolished earlier this year. She said: “The whole tragedy has put a downer on the community and it is like a dark cloud has descended.
"It has scared a lot of young people and opened their eyes to the fact that parents can be capable of terrible things.”
Sanctuary Housing said the property Barass had leased will be knocked down and an open space will remain with a memorial tree following a 'lengthy discussion'.
Flowers have been tied to a piece of metal near the driveway to pay tribute to the boys whose lives have not been forgotten by those who knew them and were horrified by what happened to them.
Earlier this year, there was a picture of Tristan and Blake pinned to the front of the house but this has since gone.
Barrass was 35 and Machin 39 when they last year each admitted two counts of murder, conspiracy to murder six children and five counts of attempted murder. They were handed minimum 35 year jail sentences.
Cruel mum suffocated three-year-old son to death so she could go on holiday
In a statement, the Worcester-based housing association said: "Through the local authority, the plans have been shared with surviving family members and Sanctuary has been advised they are supportive of the plans. Letters have also been sent to the local community, local councillors and the local MP to update them on the situation, while discussions have also taken place with the residents in the properties closest to number 92."
Incest killer mum Sarah Barrass 'will be killed in prison' claims expert
Speaking about the decision, operations director Daren Nowlan said: "We have taken our time over making this decision as we have been sensitive to the huge impact of this event both locally and nationally.
"We believe the decision we have made is the right one to help the community move forward and are committed to ensuring a permanent memorial is created so the two young lives lost are never forgotten."
An application to knock down the property was sent to the local authority's planning department on Monday, July 13 this year with an aim for the work to start as soon as possible.
Houses belonging to infamous serial killers such as Fred and Rose West and moors murderers Myra Hindley and Ian Brady were both demolished and never replaced.
Source: Read Full Article