Fire inspectors with South Metro Fire Rescue found multiple fire code violations at Ivy Crossing Apartments two months before Saturday’s deadly blaze, according to a fire inspection report obtained by Denver7 Sunday.
During the Feb. 9, 2023 inspection, officials found that some buildings on the property, located at 2470 South Quebec Street in unincorporated Arapahoe County, lacked manual fire alarms and working fire extinguishers, including inside building No. 2380, where the fire broke out.
The report pointed out that manual fire alarms were not present in any of the buildings aside from the townhomes, which is required for residential buildings more than three stories in height or with more than 16 units–both of which the property meets or exceeds.
Inspectors also found the complex had fire doors that did not latch securely, “excessive combustible storage” and unverifiable boiler inspection forms. Additionally, inspectors noted other problems, including exposed electrical wires next to detached fire alarms and several residents with “20 pound propane tanks on un-sprinklered balconies.”
Read the full story from our partner at denver7.com.
Get more Colorado news by signing up for our daily Your Morning Dozen email newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article