Killer who knifed bodybuilder in heart and went to McDonalds found dead in jail

A killer who knifed a bodybuilder through the heart has been found dead in prison.

Marius Bauba was discovered by guards at HMP Shotts in North Lanarkshire, Scotland, on Saturday, July 24.

The dad-of-one was pronounced dead at Wishaw General Hospital, with police now investigating.

Bauba fatally stabbed Morgan Dunn, 34, at a property in Ayr on February 8 last year, the Daily Record reports.

The pair, who did not know each other, had posed for a photo at the mutual friend’s house before an argument broke out in the kitchen.

Mr Dunn appeared to reach for a knife on a worktop, but Bauba got there first and stabbed him twice in the chest.

A 999 call was made, but Mr Dunn died 40 minutes later.

Bauba initially called a friend to meet him at a McDonald’s restaurant, Glasgow’s High Court heard.

The pal gave him £200 before the killer contacted another man, who arranged for him to stay at a Holiday Inn in Dumfries.

After fleeing that hotel he moved to two others before finally heading to the Solway Lodge Hotel in the village of Gretna, claiming his car had broken down.

When staff suggested police might be looking for him, Bauba said: "They’ll never find me."

However, officers were tipped off and Bauba was arrested at the hotel.

  • Grieving man brings girlfriend 'back from the dead' using AI chatbot replication tool

Brian McConnachie QC, defending, told the court Bauba “deeply regrets” being responsible for Mr Dunn's death.

Lord Matthews told the killer he had to sentence him on the basis that the bodybuilder went for the knife first, after he pled guilty to culpable homicide.

In February, Bauba had a nine-month prison sentence added to his nine-year jail term for a string of offences in the lead up to the killing.

He lodged guilty pleas to a breach of the peace charge and an assault charge, among a host of offences which dated from 2018-2020.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “We were made aware of the sudden death of a 28-year-old man at Wishaw General Hospital shortly before 8pm on Saturday, July 24,

“The man had been taken to hospital from HMP Shotts a short time earlier.

“His death is currently being treated as unexplained but non-suspicious and enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.

“A report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.”

A Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service spokeswoman added: "The Procurator Fiscal has received a report in connection with the death of a 28-year-old man on 24 July 2021 in Wishaw General Hospital.

“The investigation into the death, under the direction of Scottish Fatalities Investigation Unit is ongoing and the family will continue to be kept updated in relation to any significant developments.”

To keep up to date with all the latest news stories, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article