Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's daughter Lilibet has finally been added to the Royal Family's line of succession website.
Despite the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepping down from royal duties, their daughter Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor is still eighth in line to the throne.
However, the Royal Family’s website, which includes information to keep fans up to date with the House of Windsor, had still not updated the line of succession to reflect her birth on June 4.
Now the couple's biographer Omid Scobie has written on Twitter: "The the line of succession on the @RoyalFamily website has just been updated to include the Sussexes’ second child: Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor, who is eighth in line to the throne. She was born on June 4."
ITV Royal Editor Chris Ship said last week that the Royal Family was perhaps “making a point”.
Speaking on the Royal Rota podcast, he said: “You have got to ask what has taken them so long. All they have got to do is hit the paragraph button and put in a different number.
Prince Harry branded 'hypocritical' by pals in firm warning over memoir stories
“They must have done it before. They did it for Archie. Clearly, they did it for Louis when he was born. And they have done it for some of the other children like August that have been born as well.
“So where's Lilibet? I can forgive them a week or two but a month?"
The name of Lilibet's two-year-old brother Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was added to the royal.uk list just 15 days after he was born in May 2019.
Royal household 'fearful' over Prince Harry's '£29million' bombshell book deal
Prince Louis, who is the second son of Prince William and Kate Middleton, his name was added to the list just 12 days after he was born.
Zara and Mike Tindall's son Lucas, who is 22nd in line to the throne, has been listed on the website since his birth in March.
Mr Ship went on to say the delay in adding her name seemed “a little petulant”.
He added: “Is it them saying, ‘We will get around to it when ready?’ It does feel like to me, maybe, they are making a point.”
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace responded to his claims to say the Royal Family website is “updated periodically”.
Source: Read Full Article