Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
A man has vowed to never eat McDonald's again, after finding a writhing maggot as he bit into his Big Mac.
Dale Lord says he "hasn't been able to eat a meal since" after he found the creature in his burger on Monday evening (April 25).
The Cambridgeshire man decided to treat himself to a McDonald's and visited the branch on Newmarket Road in Cambridge, buying a Big Mac, and after taking a bite of the burger, he noticed something was moving.
The shocked customer opened it up to investigate and saw the maggot squirming around, reports Cambridgeshire Live.
Dale said he felt "sick" and "hasn't been able to eat a meal since."
He reported the incident to McDonalds head office and environmental health.
Dale said: "I was eating the burger and after taking a bite I went to have a breather and I noticed something move.
"That's when I decided to open it up and I saw what looks a lot like a maggot."
In the video that Dale took of his burger, there is something visibly wriggle around.
He shared the video to Facebook where it received more than 800 shares.
He posted: "Barnwell McDonald's needs shutting down ASAP, I don't care if it's a maggot or a baby caterpillar this shouldn't be in my burger.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
"I feel violated and sick. Never ever eating from here again."
Dale added: "I felt sick after discovering it and I haven't eaten since.
"I won't be going back there and I will try and put people off going to that McDonald's."
A McDonalds spokesperson said: “Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.
"We would like to offer a full apology to the customer in question and understand they are currently in conversation with our Customer Services team who have requested that the item is returned.
"This will enable us to carry out a full investigation.”
Source: Read Full Article