Michael Barrymore ‘speaks with police again’ over Stuart Lubbock’s death in pool

Police have reportedly spoken to Michael Barrymore again over Stuart Lubbock’s death 20 years ago in his swimming pool.

The former TV presenter, 68, is thought to have met officers from Essex Police last week.

Stuart died at the ex-comedian’s home in Roydon, Essex on March 31, 2001.

According to the Sun, the former telly host is one of eight partygoers officers believe could help solve the case.

It comes after Stuart’s dad Terry Lubbock, who has campaigned to find out what happened to his son, was told he is dying from cancer.

Last month a 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of Stuart’s murder.

He was later released.

Post-mortem tests found dad-of-two Stuart had suffered severe internal injuries indicating sexual assault.

Ecstasy, cocaine and alcohol were found in his bloodstream.

An inquest into his death in 2002 recorded an open verdict.

Mike Browne, Barrymore’s ex-agent, told the Sun: “The police asked us if we had anything new that might have come to mind in the last 20 years but we don’t.

"Everything we know we’ve said.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

“We both just want this to be resolved for everyone’s sake.”

Barrymore was arrested in 2007 in connection with the investigation but was released without charge.

His arrest was later found to be unlawful.

Essex Police launched a fresh investigation into the death of Stuart last year, which coincided with Channel 4's documentary, Barrymore: The Body In The Pool.

Stuart’s ex-wife Sue Homan, 47, said Terry is still positive they will get justice.

She claimed that the police have got good evidence and she thinks things are going to go further.

Speaking in February about his cancer, Terry said: “It’s a killer and I’m only going to be around for a few months.

"They can’t do anything about it, they say it has spread too far around my body.”

The Daily Star has contacted Essex Police.

Source: Read Full Article