Moment woman carrying knife in shopping centre was tasered by police

Shocking footage shows the moment police tasered a woman in front of horrified onlookers after she allegedly entered a shopping centre in Australia carrying a knife.

Security staff at the shopping centre had approached the woman after being informed that she had been seen walking around with a weapon.

But the confrontation resulted in the woman allegedly threatening security staff with a knife and police were contacted.

Three responders from the Security Response Section of the South Australia Police surrounded the woman at the scene in Adelaide’s Rundle Mall Plaza at about 11.30am Thursday (June 16).

In a clip of the incident , the 36-year-old woman, from Blackwood, appeared to be shouting in the direction of the police officers.

After the brief verbal altercation, she appears to take a step toward one of the officers.

The cops then zapped her with a taser and she dropped to the ground, rolled onto her stomach then onto her back, while clutching one hand around her arm.

One of the officers yelled: "Roll over to your stomach. Stand down. Do not move. Put your arms out."

Both arms then flailed around by her sides as she was seen squirming from the effect of the taser.

South Australia Police said in a statement: Security followed her into the mall and contacted police.

"Members of SAPOL’s Security Response Section were quickly on scene and subdued the woman using a taser."

  • Suspected conman caught on fleeing US for Cuba when jet ski ran out of fuel

She was found to have a box cutter and two pairs of scissors in her possession before being taken to Royal Adelaide Hospital to be assessed.

When she is discharged, it is believed she will face charges for carrying an offensive weapon and assault.

The news comes a week after a man who was tasered by police before falling into the River Thames in London has died.

To get the latest stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.

Officers were called to reports of a man armed with a screwdriver and shouting on Chelsea Bridge Road on Saturday morning.

The man, who has been revealed to be in his early 40s, was rescued from the water and taken to the hospital in a critical condition but his death has since been confirmed.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has confirmed the man died in hospital and an independent inquiry has begun.

Source: Read Full Article