A notice for Thornton residents to shelter in place was issued Tuesday afternoon when a natural gas line was cut.
The incident happened in the area of East 121st Drive and Niagara Street, according to a 2:07 p.m. tweet by the Thornton Fire Department (TFD).
“A Code Red notification was sent out as a precaution to shelter in place to neighbors in a 1/2 mile radius of the incident,” the fire department said.
An underground boring machine hit and severed a gas line, according to TFD.
Emergency responders and Xcel Energy crews are on scene working to cap the break.
Get more Colorado news by signing up for our daily Your Morning Dozen email newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article