Paedo cop passed all background checks – and got posted to work in a school

A paedophile passed the background checks to become a Met Police officer and was stationed in a number of schools where he targeted teenage pupils.

PC Hussain Chehab, 22, pleaded guilty at Wood Green Crown Court this week to eight "sickening" child sex offences performed on girls aged 13 to 15.

The court heard he had sexual relationships with several children while working in schools and kept indecent images of children on his phone and other devices.

READ MORE: Teen student 'raped by two men and dumped in road before being killed by speeding car'

Chehab had been carrying out child sex offences prior to signing on with the Met, but this was not picked up during the vetting process.

He also completed additional Child and Vulnerable Group Supervision checks before he started his role as a Safer Schools Officer, but his sex offences were missed then too.

Chehab, who joined the Met on March 30, 2020, was discovered to be committing the sex offences in July 2021 after the family of a 16-year-old alleged victim reported her relationship with the perpetrator to the force.

They believed the inappropriate dalliance began when she was just 15 years old.

Chehab was arrested on August 24, 2021, and he was placed on desk duty, a role that put him away from the public and stopped contact with schools or children.

His digital devices were also seized and examined, revealing he had been having explicit conversations with a child who later told police she began a sexual relationship with Chehab around a year before he joined the Met, when she was 14 years old.

  • Female teacher 'raped 16-year-old student in exchange for giving him good grades'

A number of indecent images of minors were also found on the devices and he was arrested again on October 28 and suspended from duty.

Chehab pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual activity with girls aged 13-15 between March 1, 2019, and September 2019, before he started at the Met.

He also pleaded guilty to three counts of making indecent photographs of a child and one count of engaging in sexual communication with a child.

No verdict was recorded this week in a further four counts of making indecent photographs of a child.

He was released on bail until sentencing, which will take place on March 17.

Detective Chief Superintendent Caroline Haines, lead for policing in Enfield where PC Chehab served, said: “Our thoughts foremost today are with the young girls who Chehab exploited and took advantage of for his own sexual gratification.

“These offences are made all the more sickening by the fact that some of the image offences were committed while PC Chehab was in a role as a Safer Schools officer attached to a secondary school in Enfield between May 2021 and his arrest in August 2021.

"We have worked closely with the school concerned, and Enfield local authority, to ensure that there were no further unreported safeguarding incidents or missed opportunities.

“A review of the information provided to the Met prior to him joining as a police officer was carried out and nothing was found that could have indicated his offending.

“The Met continues to ruthlessly target those who corrupt our identity. We have made it clear there is no place for the likes of PC Chehab in the Met and will take quick and immediate action to arrest and prosecute anyone who commits such abhorrent criminal acts, and will work to quickly remove them from the organisation."

For more stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

READ NEXT:

  • Teen student 'raped by two men and dumped in road before being killed by speeding car'

  • Transgender sex beast found guilty of raping two women before she transitioned

  • Charles' 'secret son' slams 'criminal King and Queen Consort' over 'cover up' claims

  • Brit mum looking after her 15-month-old baby in jail after dealing heroin and crack

Source: Read Full Article