Prince Harry ‘won’t get military title back after ‘crossing line’ with election

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle' s U.S. election speech "crossed a line," a royal expert has claimed.

The Duke of Sussex is unlikely to get his military title back at the couple's 12-month review of Megxit, it has been suggested.

After Harry and Meghan sensationally quit the Royal Family earlier this year, the duke had to step down as Captain General of the Royal Marines.

He was also stripped of his military titles and appointments.

Finding Freedom authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand claim it was "the most demoralising aspect of the new deal."

On March 31, Buckingham Palace introduced a 12-month Megxit "transition period" so that both sides could negotiate changes, the Daily Express reports.

  • Prince William 'angered Harry by telling Earl Spencer about Meghan row' claims new book

Officials are not considering reinstating Harry’s titles come next year, the Daily Express reports.

Prince William is also reportedly set to replace his brother as the new head of the Royal Marines.

Harry is still technically Captain General, but he cannot use his military appointments as the agreement states "they are a gift of the sovereign."

  • Prince William's impassioned plea as he describes 'new outlook' and 'family bonds'

Richard Palmer, royal correspondent at the Daily Express, tweeted: "It will undoubtedly be a blow to him Harry if this happens.

"The Sussexes’ intervention in the US presidential election, no matter how carefully worded, was deemed by palace officials to have crossed a line.

"It’s likely to have effects."

Earlier this month, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex encouraged Americans to vote in a video message.

Harry encouraged the country to "reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity" – widely received as a swipe at US President Donald Trump.

Buckingham Palace afterwards said the comments were made “in a personal capacity”.

However, The Queen was left embarrassed by her grandson’s remarks, The Times reported.

One palace source said: "Harry has wandered into a minefield and is in danger of dragging the royal family into it."

  • Prince Harry's 'monumental' tax bill may open 'can of worms' for Royal Family, expert says

Another courtier is claimed to have told a close friend: "This is only going in one direction now — permanent exile."

A spokesman for the Sussexes said: "The Duke’s message is not in reference to any specific political party or candidate, but is instead a call for decency in how we engage with each other, interact, and consume information – especially online."

Trump himself responded to the video, telling reporters at the White House: "I'm not a fan of hers (Meghan).

"I would say this – and she has probably has heard that – I wish a lot of luck to Harry because he's going to need it."

Meghan announced in August that she would vote in the upcoming election.

While The Queen is the only royal forbidden from voting, most refrain from doing so due to convention and to remain politically neutral.

  • Prince Harry
  • Prince William
  • Military

Source: Read Full Article