Prince Philip will remain in hospital this weekend but will not be allowed visitors, according to royal sources.
The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, is to stay at London's King Edward VII Hospital for "rest and observation" after feeling unwell at Windsor Castle earlier this week.
He was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday and looks set to stay for at least several more days.
And to add to his woes, he has now been told he cannot have any visitors because of Covid-19 rules.
Under the stringent national guidelines, visitors such as the Queen are only allowed inside under "exceptional circumstances".
A source told The Sun: "Everyone loves a visitor when they are feeling low in hospital but the Duke will be extremely stoic about it.
"He knows the nation is sending their thoughts and prayers. The Duke has been in HMS Bubble for almost a year so he is used to all kinds of restrictions.
"He has barely been able to see his family for the past year. He knows only too well people have been going through worse than him."
Prince Philip has been treated at the hospital several times over the years.
It is believed he had felt ill days before being ordered to visit hospital as a "precautionary measure".
Why is Prince Philip in hospital? Latest health updates as Duke feeling 'unwell'
He was driven 26 miles from Windsor Castle in a private car and walked into the hospital unaided.
National Covid-19 health regulations state patients are banned from seeing visitors or friends.
A hospital spokesman said: “Visitors are not allowed apart from exceptional circumstances.”
Philip, who walked into the hospital unaided, had the coronavirus vaccine six weeks ago and his illness is reportedly not related to Covid.
Prince Philip 'extremely upset' by 'cruel' scene in The Crown that 'twisted truth'
To minimise risk, patients must be tested for the virus before being admitted.
During the pandemic, the Duke has spent almost a year moving between Windsor Castle, Balmoral and Sandringham with a small number of staff.
A team of just 24 work three weeks on and three weeks off with a period of quarantine to prevent Covid.
They don't need to wear face masks, but those who work closely with the Queen and Duke have been tested.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: “He was admitted for rest and observation and that continues.”
Source: Read Full Article