A food poisoning outbreak at an all-inclusive five-star hotel in Turkey has hit 25 tourists.
Reports say at least one of the visitors have been hospitalised for food poisoning from the Rixos Sungate hotel.
The British holidaymakers were making use of the spring sunshine with travel company TUI, but received more than they bargained for.
READ MORE:'My travel agent sent me to Greek spot in April but the pool and shops were shut'
The Mediterranean hotel is an all-inclusive resort with 13 restaurants, including a 'world food' buffet and sushi diner.
The trip has set families back up to £4,000, with more and more patrons being struck down with illness each day, reports the Mirror.
Reports say there are “more than 10 families suffering” with “numbers… growing by the day”.
One holidaymaker Kate Dowling took to Twitter to share her story: “My family are in Rixos Sungate – three out of five have food poisoning with one hospitalised.
"Staff are not doing anything to help, denying all knowledge even though other guests have complained.”
Woman gobsmacked as Tinder date sends nudes to another woman in front of her
As well as multiple restaurants the "platinum" venue is "tailored for families", with a water park and 12 swimming pools, according to TUI.
The resort in Kemer, Turkey, has a high-ranking 4.5/5 star score on review site Tripadvisor.
TUI commented on the outbreak yesterday: “We are concerned to hear of a small number of cases at Rixos Sungate. Our team at the resort are offering support where necessary.”
To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newslettershere.
- 'I'm a Sunny Beach DJ – there's 80p booze, bonking in streets and daily walks of shame'
- 'Craziest and cheapest party holiday' has 80p pints and clubs open until 7am
- Flight attendant rips into own airline with savage announcement on plane
- World’s worst tourist attraction 'smells like urine' and visitors say it 'feels unsafe'
- Dubai travel warning for Brits as tourists could accidentally break strict UAE sex laws
Source: Read Full Article