A man died on Christmas Day after a mammoth drinking binge, an inquest has heard.
Mike Dyson, 33, from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire, had such a high level of alcohol in his system it would have caused "extreme drunkenness in a normal person".
The inquest on Monday was told how the quality control inspector, who lived with his mum Heather at Sykes Close, Almondbury, started drinking whisky and hot water after waking up on Christmas Day with a severe cold.
Heather said the family continued drinking at a neighbour's house from 1.30pm, YorkshireLive reports.
She left at 2.15pm, but returned at 7pm to find her son lying on a bed in the neighbour's conservatory. She initially though he was asleep and left him alone.
But after being told Mike, who would have been was "four to five times over the drink-drive limit", wasn't breathing, Mrs Dyson tried to resuscitate him while the neighbour called for an ambulance, but medics couldn't revive him.
Pathologist Dr Faisal Ali said toxicological analysis revealed a high level of alcohol in his body, adding that it would have caused "extreme drunkenness in a normal person" and was at a level related to alcohol-related fatalities.
Mrs Dyson, who has three other children, said Mike was a "typical lad" who would enjoy going to a local pub with his mates at the weekend.
He said death was caused by central nervous system depression, particularly breathing, due to acute alcohol toxicity.
Assistant coroner Raja Mahmood concluded Mike's death was alcohol-related.
Source: Read Full Article