World War 3: China deploy army in ‘large numbers’ to border with India – tensions escalate

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Indian sources have accused China of using the current talks that are designed to deescalate the situation as a way of buying time so they can increase their defensive position at the LAC, or line of actual control. Reports from Indian observers, that have been corroborated by satellite imagery, reveal that Beijing has ordered the construction of a helipad and numerous bunkers and also deployed large numbers of troops to the area. An outraged New Delhi has protested that this is in direct violation of bilateral agreements between each side.

A significant bilateral agreement from 1993 saw both sides agree to limit the build-up of military infrastructure at the border.

Anurag Srivastava the Indian foreign ministry spokesman said: “At the heart of the matter is that since early May, the Chinese side had been amassing a large contingent of troops and armaments along the LAC.”

Mr Srivastava made the claims at a briefing in New Delhi on Thursday, and he added: “This is not in accordance with the provisions of our various bilateral agreements.”

India announced it had “to undertake counter deployments” because of the Chinese buildup.

The tension has been increased as New Delhi expressed it would now match the Chinese build-up at the border.

This is in direct response to “huge numbers of troops amassing on the Chinese side”.

In the current standoff, China’s People’s Liberation Army has built new infrastructure two miles from the Indian claimed line of actual control.

There has also been construction vehicle activity seen at Chinese airstrips.

DON’T MISS
Pakistan army launch ‘unprovoked attack’ on India – intense gunfire (LATEST)
India unveils plan to ease tensions with China (INSIGHT)
Indian troops beaten and mutilated nail-studded poles in border clash (LATEST)

Beijing has also sent reinforcements to the Spanggur Tso area that is beside the disputed Galwan valley region.

The latest clash in the disputed Ladakh Himalayan region on June 15 saw 20 deaths on the Indian side, and an estimated 43 fatalities on the Chinese side, although China have yet to release their own figures.

The last skirmish was preceded by Indian troops dismantling a Chinese military encampment on what was deemed Indian territory.

However, the latest reports show China has re-consolidated their previous position and that India is not preventing them from doing so.

Speaking about recent satellite images of the latest Chinese build-up in the region Nathan Ruser, a researcher at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, tweeted: “The small outpost has grown hugely in size.

“Indian troops aren’t dismantling this one.”

But doubt has been cast on the new Chinese encampment.

Manoj Joshi, a distinguished fellow at the Observer Research Foundation, a New Delhi-based think tank said: “It looks to me where someone had camped, and it looks like it was a large camp, but they dismantled it.”

The incident in the Galwan valley on June 15 that saw multiple casualties on both sides is the most severe clash between the two nuclear powers since the Second Sino-Indian War in 1967.

Source: Read Full Article